Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Baby is born...

Hi everyone-

Ryan Daniel Davis was born as a stillborn to my wife and I on Tuesday May 17, 2005 at 5:07pm. He weighed 7lbs, 9.2oz, measured 20 inches long. Everything about Ryan is absolutely perfect in every way with one exception - he never took a breath. We spent 6 hours with our son - finding out that he has my wife's nose and chin, my lips, my dark hair - brown with a hint of red, my hands - long fingers and lines that were exactly the same, my wife's feet - long second toe and all.

Ryan was baptised by Father Norman of St. Mark's Church that night. And now Ryan is with God. Brittiany will watch over Ryan, he will play with Ben and Christopher, Granddaddy Sangrey will teach him bocci, Grandfather Davis will make sure his hair is trimmed, Grandmother and Grandfather Austin will make sure he knows how to fish and cook the meal. We are at peace knowing that Ryan is now with God.

But Jesus called them unto Him, and said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of God.’

Luke 16:18



We have our pictures of Ryan, we have a blanket that smells like a baby boy. We have a bear which we named King to help us remember to hug and hold our baby.

I must say one more thing - I am so proud of my wife! She was in labor for 12 hours and laboring (pushing) for 3 hours. She was simply awesome. And I love her so much - words can not even begin to explain.

And now we need to plan a funeral. We know that he will be buried in town so Ryan will be close to us - within walking distance. We know that the funeral will be on the 28th of May.

Not Having fun at all....

3 comments:

tdd said...

Kevin and Aline,

Please accept my deepest condolensces. As one who has lost someone I deeply loved and one who is also expecting a newborn in 6 weeks your news hits home with me twice. Your family will be in my prayers.


Take care,

--td

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Death just sucks.
You'll endure, but it's just going to be painful. Cling to each other. Cry with each other.

Anonymous said...

Please accept my deepest condolensces. As a mother of three, I can only imagine what you are going through.

My thoughts will be with you and your wife, especially on the 28th.

Peace be with you.

--ls