Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Oxiclean vs. Plumbers Putty

Oxiclean wins.

Yes -- not to dis this fine product because let me tell you it works wonders on getting baby stains clean -- it does a number on your plumbers putty. So during those sleep deprived nights we started to have a few blowouts from the girls. Well we would soak the clothing with a little oxiclean and after a few soakings with some of the clothing we noticed that the sink would no longer hold water. Not having much sleep we just moved the clothing to another sink. And the new sink started to not hold water again after several soakings. So onto the 3rd and finally the 4th sink. Well you may ask how many sinks do we have -- 5 bath sinks. Before the final sink was used I put a stop to any more soaking in the sinks -- I think that day I had more sleep. Basically I believe that the release of the oxygen ate away at the plumbers putty. Well no worries - just repack the sinks and we are all good. 2 hours later and the sinks are holding water again. And yes we still use Oxiclean because there simply is nothing else for the money that will get out baby stains -- but now we use a plastic tub to soak the clothing.


Having fun....

2 comments:

The Lacher's said...

Yikes! We did not run into that but then again we did not soak in oxiclean. For us a little elbow grease and dreft stian remover worked... and by us I mean Erin.

Anonymous said...

I use the largest beach sand pail or oversized dishpan I can find to soak in Oxiclean....Edward still gets stains -- sorry, but they don't outgrow this tendency! :-)