Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ryan's Garden - Can it be done....

....almost!!!

Yesterday on my Friday off I rented a wet patio brick saw and finished cutting all of the patio block. Returned the patio brick saw. What a day. There was probably only 50 block to cut - not many. I could imagine a more complicated design which would require more cutting. But using the tool was super easy.




Upon return this piece of equipment I had a conversation with the rental guy about cutting through the cap block for the wall. Luckly I brought along with me so he could understand how big and heavy the block is. The block measures 12x16x4 inches and is made out of 5000psi concrete. Doesn't sound like a lot - but weighs 70lbs. There are 42 cap block and all but 2 required cutting. So we ended up buying a blade for this (diamond blade 12") and used this saw:





It is a great saw for cutting through the block. It could have been a little more powerful but all in all it was a great tool - would use it again.

All in all a great two days of work. And I still have all ten fingers.

Aline meanwhile was a real trooper. She has been working on the topsoil, the sand edging, the rock edging and basically all around great person. So what is left. Well sandlock for the patio and some tamping - then truely everything is done. That will happen tomorrow after church.

It has been very hard physically and emotionally - still good therapy. But now with the project ending I need to find something else to do...I wanted this project to go on - yeah I know the gardens and the cleanup will go on - but it is not the same. I'm sure I'll find something.

No comments: